Bestowing Hope Through the Years
An idealist in himself, our beloved founder, Late Padma Bhushan Dr. K B Grant envisioned Ruby Hall Clinic to flourish into a multi-organ transplant facility. A predecessor of its time, the hospital undertook the first live donor kidney transplant way back in 1988.
Almost a decade later, the first deceased donor kidney transplant was conducted under the expertise of Dr. A G Huprikar and Dr. S G Deshpande in April 1997.
Fast forward to the present, Ruby Hall Clinic is at the forefront of medical care and clinical advances in the area of organ transplantation.
A quick glance through the years highlights landmark events that show our lifelong commitment to this cause:
- First living related kidney transplant in Pune – 1988
- First deceased donor kidney transplant in Pune – Apr 11, 1997
- First corneal transplant – 1993
- First Bone marrow Transplant in Pune – Apr 17, 2006
- First Liver Harvest, sharing the liver with a Hospital in Hyderabad – May 2004
- First successful Liver Transplant – Jan 2013
- First successful liver and kidney transplant – Mar 2013
- Awarded ‘Best Hospital in Cadaveric Organ Donation’ by NOTTO – Dec 2016
- Awarded ‘Best Transplant Co-ordinator’ by NOTTO – Dec 2016
In 2016, Ruby Hall Clinic performed its 3500th organ transplant.
With numbers reaching new heights everyday, here are some of the milestones in our journey:
- 350 Bone Marrow Transplants
- 1250 Kidney Transplants
- 1950 Corneal Transplants
- 51 Liver Transplants